12 Mar 2021 Poster Contest
2021 Stewardship Week Poster Contest
Introducing the 2021 Stewardship Week Poster Contest! This year's theme is: “Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities”. Students K-12 are encouraged to submit posters based on this topic by April 16th. The winning posters will be announced during stewardship week at the end of April and receive a prize!
**Download full list of rules and submission form below**
- The 2021 Poster Contest is open to all students in grades K-12. Students in public, private or home schools.
- Any media may be used, including paint, crayon, colored pencil, charcoal, stickers, paper, or other materials.
- Poster size must be between 8.5" x 11" and 22" x 28". Posters should be packaged so they remain flat when sent for judging.
- All posters must be created by an individual student, rather than a team of students. Entry must be the contestant's original creation and may not be traced from photographs or other artists' published works.
- The 2021 Stewardship theme “Healthy Forests, Healthy Communities” must be included on the front side of each poster.
- Each entry must be submitted to Erie Conservation District with an entry form attached to the back of the poster to be eligible for judging. The form must be completed and signed by a parent or guardian.
- Although younger students will most likely receive help in planning from parents or teachers, each student is encouraged to do their own work. Note: Entries with student handwriting and coloring will score better than those designed, drawn, and colored by adult assistance.
- Contest entries are reviewed based on the following criteria:
- Conservation message (50 percent) (Poster uses correct theme)
- Visual effectiveness (30 percent)
- Originality (10 percent)
- Universal appeal (10 percent)